This lecture takes place twice a week (on average 3 h of lecture and 1 h tutorial) in the following slots:
|Tuesday||12:05 - 13:35||V 38.01||25.||8., 15., 22., 29.||6., 13., 20.||10., 24., 31.||7.|
|Thursday||9:45 - 11:15||V 38.04||20., 27.||3., 10., 17., 24.||1., 8., 15., 22.*||12., 26.||2., 9.*|
The first lecture will be on oct. 20th, 2016!
There will be a written exam at the end of the semester (unless your Prüfungsordnung does not allow that; in that case, there will be an oral exam). Prerequisite for participation in the exam is a ‘Schein’, i.e. you need to pass two MC-tests.
- You can find the results of the first mc test at the institutes notice board!
- The question session will take place at wednesday, february 15th from 11:00 to 12:00 am in V38.04
- You can find the results of the second mc test at the institutes notice board!
- The 3rd (continuation) MC test is on Thursday, 2nd of March, from 9:45 -11:15 in seminar room 0.124.
- Summary slides including EXCLUSIONS for the exam can be found here
- Repetition/tutoral sessions will be offered on February 23rd, 24th, 27th, 28th, and March 1st; 09:00-12:15 in lecture hall 38.03.
- The results of the 3rd mc test are published at the institutes notice board!
- The ‘Schein’-list was published at the notice board. Please check your exam permit.
- You can find the exam results at the institute’s black board. The exam review will take place at wednesday april 12th at 10:00 in room 1.140
- You can find the exam results of the fall exam at the institutes notice board.
The exam review will take place at wednesday, oct. 18th at 2:00 p.m. in room 1.140.
Please check your examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung) to see if you are eligible for / need to take an oral exam. If so, please make an appointment with our secretary (Mrs. Photien, 1.117 – closed on fridays).
The final dates of the tutorials are announced during lecture at least one week before the tutorial takes place. For each tutorial there will be an exercise sheet. Please take a look at the sheet before the tutorial and solve the problems on your own.
- Exercise sheet 1
- discussed on thursday, november 3rd (notes)
- Exercise sheet 2
- discussed on thursday, november 17th (updated to fix some mistakes in prob. 5) (notes)
- Exercise sheet 3
- discussed on thursday, december 1st (notes)
- Exercise sheet 4
- discussed on thursday, december 15th (fixed incomplete tip in prob. 1 - added correct solution to prob. 4) (notes - updated notes to problem 3)
- Exercise sheet 5
- for your self studies. Some of the problems will be discussed in the exercise session at february 7th. (notes)
- Exercise sheet 6
- discussed on tuesday, february 7th (notes)
A very good book on approximation algorithms by Shmoys and Williamson can be found online.
Lecture Notes (currently from WS 14/15).
should be easy to find via google, e.g.
Students at the master (INF, SWT, INFOTECH, Winfo, …) or advanced Bachelor level.