This lecture takes place twice a week (on average 3 h of lecture and 1 h tutorial) in the following slots:
|Tuesday||12:00 - 13:30||V 38.01||13., 20., 27.||3., 10., 17., 24.||1., 8.*, 15., 22.||12., 19., 26.||2.*|
|Thursday||9:52 - 11:22||V 38.04||15., 22., 29.||5., 12., 19., 26.||3., 10., 17.||7., 14., 21., 28.||4.*|
* MC-Test ** Question Session
Note the slightly shifted slots to accomodate students that need to be flown in from Hohenheim.
The first lecture will be on Oct. 13th, 2015 at 11:55!
There will be a written exam at the end of the semester (unless your Prüfungsordnung does not allow that; in that case, there will be an oral exam). Prerequisite for participation in the exam is a ‘Schein’, i.e. you need to pass two (out of three) MC-tests.
- The results of the first MC-Test are out now. You can find the results at the institute’s notice-board near room 1.101.
- There will be no lecture on jan. 7th.
- For the MC-Test 2: You will be allowed to use pencil and eraser or Tipp-Ex to correct your answers on the answer sheet
- The results of the second mc test are announced at the insitute’s notice-board near room 1.101.
- Summary Slides with exclusions
- 3rd mc test will take place on mon feb 29th at 14:00 in room 0.108.
- The results of the mc test 3 are announced at the institute’s notice board.
- A prerequisites list is announced at the institute’s notice board. Please check your state!
- You can find the exam results at the institute’s black board. The exam review will take place on wednesday april 20th at 3:45 p.m. in V38 room 1.140.
- You can find the exam results at the institute’s black board. The exam review will take place on wednesday october 19th at 2:00 p.m. in V38 room 1.140.
The final dates of the tutorials are announced during lecture at least one week before the tutorial takes place. For each tutorial there will be an exercise sheet. Please take a look at the sheet before the tutorial and solve the problems on your own.
We will discuss the problems during the tutorial.
The fist exercise sheet will be discussed at thursday,oct. 22nd. Please be prepared.
The 2nd exercise sheet (update: mcf link) will be discussed at thursday, nov. 5th. Please be prepared.
The 3rd exercise sheet will be discussed at thursday, nov. 26th. Please be prepared.
The 4th exercise sheet will be discussed at thursday, dec. 10th. Please be prepared.
The 5th exercise sheet will be discussed at thursday, jan. 14th. Please be prepared.
The 6th exercise sheet (update: add PCS problem) will be discussed at thursday, jan. 28th. Please be prepared.
A very good book on approximation algorithms by Shmoys and Williamson can be found online.
Lecture Notes (currently from WS 14/15).
should be easy to find via google, e.g.
Students at the master (INF, SWT, INFOTECH, Winfo, …) or advanced Bachelor level.