This lecture takes place twice a week (on average 3 h of lecture and 1 h tutorial) in the following slots:
|Tuesday||12:00 - 13:30||V 38.01||17., 24.||7., 14., 21., 28.||5., 12., 19.||9., 16., 23., 30.|
|Thursday||9:45 - 11:15||V 38.04||19., 26.||2., 9., 16., 23., 30.||7., 14., 21.*||11., 18., 25.||1.*, 8.|
There will be a written exam at the end of the semester (unless your Prüfungsordnung does not allow that; in that case, there will be an oral exam). Prerequisite for participation in the exam is a ‘Schein’, i.e. you need to pass two MC-tests.
- The exam grading scale has been adjusted in favor of the student (Passing mark was reduced to 55 points).
- Updated the exam results. Some gradings have changed by 0 to +4 points in the first section.
- The exam results are published at the institutes notice board (near room 1.101).
The exam review will take place at april, 11th 3:30 pm (15:30) in room 1.140.
- The results of the third mc test are published at the institutes notice board (near room 1.101).
Please all check your “Schein” status to ensure you fullfill the prerequisite to write the exam!
- The third mc test will take place at feb. 28th, 2:00 p.m. in room 0.108. You need to participate if you passed only one of the former two mc tests.
- The summary slides to the lecture are now available
- The results of the second mc test are published at the institutes notice board (near room 1.101).
- There will be an repetition course from feb. 21st to feb. 28th. Please find more information below.
- There will be no lecture/tutorial at feb. 6th
- The results of the first mc test are published at the institutes notice board (near room 1.101).
The repetition course contains a lecture (held in german) to repeat basic lecture stuff. A supervised exercise session follows to deepen the topics and pose some questions.
The course will take place in the lecture hall V38.02 in the computer science building.
The course dates are as follows:
|Date||Wed., feb 21st||Thu., feb 22nd||Mon., feb 26th||Tue., feb 27th||Wed., feb 28th|
|Lecture||14:00 - 15:30||9:45 - 11:15||9:45 - 11:15||9:45 - 11:15||9:45 - 11:15||Exercise||15:45 - 17:15||11:30 - 13:00||11:30 - 13:00||11:30 - 13:00||11:30 - 13:00|
Repetition exercise sheets
The final dates of the tutorials are announced during lecture at least one week before the tutorial takes place. For each tutorial there will be an exercise sheet. Please take a look at the sheet before the tutorial and solve the exercises on your own.
A fake MC-test of the year 2014 can be found here.
A very good book on approximation algorithms by Shmoys and Williamson can be found online.
Lecture Notes (currently work in progress. Please report any mistakes if you find some).
should be easy to find via google, e.g.
Students at the master (INF, SWT, INFOTECH, Winfo, …) or advanced Bachelor level.