Head of the Algorithmics Group
|Address||Universität Stuttgart, FMI
|Consultation Hours||by appointment via Petra van Schayck|
You can send me encrypted EMail:
My Public Key can be found here or on common PGP Keyservers like this.
- Discrete Optimization
- Algorithm Engineering
- Computational Geometry
- Wireless Networking
For a list of my publications see here at DBLP or at Google Scholar.
- since 03/2010 Full Professor of Computer Science at University of Stuttgart
- 10/2007 – 02/2010 Full Professor of Computer Science at University of Greifswald
- 2005 – 2007 Heading Research Group Geometry-guided Design and Analysis of Wireless Sensor Networks within the Max-Planck-Center for Visual Computing and Communication
- 2004 – 2005 Visiting Assistant Professor at Stanford University, CS Department
- 2001 – 2004: Postdoctoral Researcher at Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik
- 2001 PhD in Computer Science at the University of the Saarland /
Max-Planck-Institut f. Informatik
Advisors: Edgar Ramos and Kurt Mehlhorn
- 1993 – 1998 Diploma in Computer Science at the University of the Saarland
- 2015 Google Faculty Research Award
- 2014 Best Paper Award at 40th Int. Conference on Very Large Databases (VLDB)
- 2014 Best Paper Award at 37th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI)
- 2014 Honorable Mention at the 28th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- 2012 Google Research Award (Focused Grant Program)
- 2011 Best Paper Award at ACM SIGSPATIAL Int. Conf on Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL GIS)
- 2008 SaarLB Forschungspreis (joint with H. Bast)
- 2007 Heinz-Billing Award for the Advancement of Scientific Computing (joint with H. Bast)
- 2005 2nd Place in Best Paper Category at ACM Symposium on Solid and Physical Modelling (ACM SPM)
- 2002 Otto Hahn Medal of the Max-Planck-Society (Dissertation Award)
Note to applicants
If you send unsolicited applications for internships, PhD positions, …, not getting a response within a reasonable time frame should be interpreted as negative answer from our side. There are just too many requests to answer them individually. Also, please refrain from calling and asking about your application.
Currently, there are no internships available in our group.
My Erdös-Number is 2 (via this and this paper) ☺